Sunday, December 20, 2009

2009 R.E.F.L.E.C.T.I.O.N.S.

It has just been over a YEAR since my last post... So here it is, buckle your seat belt, grab some tea and (yeah & a snack too) let's go!

The Moore family started off 2009 attending the ONE THING conference in Kansas City. There is NO better way to start off the year, it was Niah's first ONE THING! The Lord did a great refocusing of our hearts and we started off the year with a FRESH perspective. Niah was a three month old PRECIOUS healthy hungry little boy who ate his little heart out! I can honestly say life was just starting to come out from the haze in concerns to lack of sleep for Jacob and I.. That did a number on us for SURE.... Nothing like lack of sleep to make you appreciate the small things in life.... like sleep and brain power. I also met with SWEET Shelli Presley who encouraged me to run after some dreams that had been in my heart laying dormant for years in Fashion... It was very freeing to have someone release me into diving, nothing quite like that and that was quite pivotal for what was ahead in the year.








In February I celebrated another birthday and my sweet husband Jacob & close friend Amy Tuegel threw me a SURPRISE birthday party at the Tuegel's QUITE the surprise for sure! Jacob and I had just reinstated our date nights and I was excited about going out but lo and behold it was a date to my party, what a sweet gift! Everyone that I loved was there and it meant the WORLD that my husband was speaking MY love language (Can I get an AMEN!)? We also celebrated Christmas with my family in California in February, it was the rotation to be in Texas on Christmas and my sister & parents were booked till February, but honestly it was a great trip because Jacob already had a training in San Diego to attend and then flew up to San Francisco to spend a couple of days with my family! Also everything was 75% off because the holidays were over and the retail world was practically giving stuff away. Niah LOVED his first trip to San Francisco and my family: Aunts, Uncles & Cousins just ate him up! Valentines Day was sweet for sure! Jacob took me to Racho Loma, the place where we got engaged and it was YUM!




March was a great month we got to get away for a week to Las Vegas so Jacob could attend the NAB Show and Niah & I got to hand out at the LUXOR hotel ALL day, it was great he was the only baby (We definitely turned heads!). I had the sweetest moments with Niah there, we went to the pool and played in the water and Niah LOVED it! He laughed his little heart out, I had never heard him laugh for that long.... it was SO sweet and he was quite the traveler! I begged Jacob to go on the Gondola's at the Venetian and he granted my request, he is such a doting hubby! I also went to California for my little sister Michele's baby shower, this was a blessing to be there it was a surprise shower, but it was beautiful her friends went all out, a dozen roses on every table, chicken salad croissants, the cutest cake, red toile table cloths to match her nursery.... You get the point adorable! It was so nice to be there, Mom & Dad flew from San Francisco to be there too, so it was QUITE the surprise! Time to welcome little Emma in a few months....




April was a great change of pace month for us Jacob starting shooting Engagement and Wedding pictures, and he is QUITE TALENTED!!! It is a great thing for him to pick up on the side because we get to do it together and He's good at it! I also got to get out and enjoy a little bit more freedom like going to the gym! Praise the Lord Niah had to be 6 months to go to child care and I was READY for some workout time. That was a great addition to my day and my psyche as a mother. Something about having a little break recharges your soul so you can just give out even more LOVE than before. Niah also started eating solids and of course he had been eating pieces of table food for months because Daddy had been giving it to him so the solids were a huge hit in Niah's world! His favorite was the bananas and the Go-Gurt for sure! My sweet best friend from college Calli had her baby shower this month also and that was a Huge success and a welcomed Joy to her and all around her, it was great to be a part of that. It was my first whole day without Niah because the shower was in Southlake so it was a day trip, it went perfect though thanks to the breast pump, sorry folks my pump was my BEST FRIEND in this season! Thank you Medela!!! Easter came around in April also and we had an Easter Dinner Party. It was a blessing to be surrounded with friends and family on the day of the Lord's Resurrection, how and why we can each face each day with salvation and the power of the Spirit! Thank you Jesus!





May was a fun month, more Bridals (actually 5 bridals!) with Jacob and it was also my dear friend Haley's Birthday this month! We went to Rancho Loma in Valera, Texas to celebrate, always a sweet treet because that is where Jacob proposed to me. So it is always a JOYFUL trip and the food is the best I have had in Texas! You must go if you have not been, reservations only and it is a fixed menu about $65-75 per person but SO worth it! It was in the December issue of Southern Living so hurry and go check it out before it comes off the stands. There was a LOT going on this month, Jacob attended the Beltway Men's Boot Camp and said it was revolutionary so any of you who have hubby's you have got to get them to go next year! May 30th is also when sweet Elizabeth Grace Birch (ELLIE) came into the world in Dallas. Jacob had a bridal in Dallas so I was already there and the timing worked out SO perfectly! It was a blessing to share in the first moments of Ellie's life, I wouldn't have traded that for the world!




June was another great month! Blake a good friend of Jacob's from Abilene High got married in Dallas and that was a complete BLAST! Amy Tuegel was there to help with Niah and was such a GIFT to us that day and evening! It was Beltway Kids Camp later in the week in Ruidosa, Niah & I accompanied Jacob there also, see a reoccuring theme here we went a LOT of places this year and it was only 1/2 way through the year! It was a GREAT camp! Crystal & Creed Kirles sweet friends that we got to hang out with and share life and motherhood stories with ALL week. The Lord did great things and it was an HONOR to be there. Jordan Lott also became Mrs. Brent Eaton this month and Jordan is a dear friend from the days that I used to work at Jordan Taylor with it was a JOY to have been there and have Jake shoot their wedding. Niah at this point was crawling well and eating TONS of food! He has always been a great eater, his little sweet personality was coming out more and more full of Joy & laughter, such a blessing to Jacob & I! We also made DAD his precious foot print frame at kids camp and I hope it is something that we have forever....














July YES it was time for a MOORE family BREAK wouldn't you say? Life slowed down a BIT, but the heat sure didn't! Texas was HHHHHHOOOOOTTTTT this month! So there was the great 4th of July party cookout at the Kirles and it was on this day that we got the cutest pics of Creed, Richard, Niah & some of our Life group's kids in the baby pool, it was a fun evening full of riding horses, eating great Texas food & being in great company. We also got to go to Magen Roberson's mother's Lake house later in the month on Lake Jacksonville for a whole weekend, WOW what an amazing relaxful TREAT, it was a complete BLAST with great food, ski doos, sunset talks, games, prayer, and laughter. We LOVE our life group and it is an HONOR to share life with these people!





August, wow August was AMAZING~ Tyler got married, Jacob flew to Colorado to shoot it and then the day after he got back we went to MAUI!!!! It was a HUGE BLESSING to have the opportunity to do this, I had found this KILLER deal for plane tickets from DFW to MAUI $400 RT including Taxes! Jacob's grandparents live there and we had been itching to go there since we got married in 2007, and 2008 there was Niah and no vacation so we were in dire need of a VACAY... I am sure you could understand :). The best part was that Matt & Michelle Ellis got to come with us and it was a dream because they were there and we just love this couple for their Love of the Lord, their character, & servant's hearts! We got to do everything.... drive around, swim, surf, scuba with dolphins & turtles, hike, eat great food!, take some awesome family pics, spend time with Grandparents, relax, get massages, needless to say a MUCH needed vacation. My favorite part was getting to have some deep heart to heart talks with Jacob about our life and our dreams and it was an UNFORGETTABLE trip! Coming home was an adjustment, when you wind down like that to come back to full swing life takes some time.... Beltway started back up with three services and life was FULL speed ahead and we were ready after being rested and rejuvenated. Thank you Jacob for the vacation of a LIFETIME! It was also sweet Anna Grace's Birthday this month and it was sweet to see herself in a day completely devoted to herself, she is such a gift and it was a blessing to be there.

















In September I got to go home this month to Las Angeles to see my sweet first niece Emma Elyse Turner, she was already three months old but it was the perfect time to visit because I could go and serve my sister after everyone else was done. It was a great trip and I really got to spend some quality time with my sister and her family, those moments living so far apart are priceless... Niah also LOVES his Aunt Shel Uncle David & cousin John David! It was sweet to watch them bond quickly. I also went to San Francisco to visit my folks and let my mom & dad spend some time with Niah and it was a SWEET time, we did all the "fun" grandma kid stuff, Niah ate his first grilled cheese sandwich & he loves Cheesecake Factory too! RIght when I returned home from this trip it was the TAPIE wedding & I was a bridemaid, it was a GORGEOUS wedding and SO fun! I had a blast & Kendra looked gorgeous! The rest of the month was devoted to resting :) hmmmmm wonder why? This was a BUSY year!



















October..... was oh so fun! The first weekend we had been invited to spend a weekend in Fredricksburg with Haley, Jayma & Squeaky! It was THE BEST time! We ate at a restaurant called The Nest (YUM!), Shopped at Kuchen Laden, Jacob made homemade french onion soup, we went to Becker Vineyards.... & I shattered my iphone screen ( I know you wanted to know that!). It was a PREFECT weekend! Then it was Niah's first birthday on the 8th! We knew he was turning one because my sweet little boy started throwing his head back onto the floor when we would say NO about something.... it didn't last too long because we have hard floors so it only too about two weeks for Niah to stop that, then it was just in time for the birthday party on the 17th. Matt & Michele came into town and we could not have asked for more PERFECT weather in October to have an outside pumpkin patch party! it was a hit, the cup cakes NOT so much, but hey who needs those anyways right? :) Niah had a blast and was surrounded by those that he loved and that was all that mattered! Niah is our sweet precious boy who is snuggly, strong, silly, funny, sweet hearted, Smart, a builder, a worshipper, an eater, a curious little boy who loves to drum! Hmm wonder where he gets that from? One year went by WAY too quickly!













November.... Ah wait a second there was supposed to be a break right??? Nope! Our sweet friend Calli went to CO for some training before she heads off to Africa long term with Iris Ministries... I got to go and visit my other friend who is also Calli in Dallas and spend time with sweet Ellie for the first time since she was born, sadly it took that long 5 months later....My parents flew in from San Francisco to attend the Healing Conference at Beltway. They were just in time for NIAH"S FIRST STEPS! He officially took some at life group the Monday preceding the conference, but his true consecutive steps were outside of Famous Dave's and then the Sunday after the conference. YAY we have a walker! Jeremy West also released the CD that Jacob had been working on FOREVER to produce! It was an annointed night of worship and I was very proud of Jacob & Jeremy! Mom & Dad had a great Abilene Visit spending time with Amy & Gentry the Monday night girls where we pray & eat every week together, sweet times! The conference rocked my socks off, the Spirit came in refreshing waters just pouring over me, I felt like i was under a pouring waterfall ALL WEEK! Such a blessing! the Lord healed many and I am excited for all that is to come at our church this is just the beginning! Next was Thanksgiving and it was great! Jacob made the turkey & ribs at Nicole's request, our sweet friend who is about to leave us in one month for Kansas City!!! We all went as a family & friends to see The Blind Side after turkey dinner and WOW WOW WOW! BEST movie I have seen in YEARS! amazing... so refreshing to see a decent movie! The weekend after T-giving we got our FRESH tree.... I LOVE it, we got to get a HUGE 10 footer this year ( I always wanted one like that since I was a little girl & Jacob made it happen!) and it makes the house smell so FRESH! I then decorated it in pearls, fleur de lis, angels, damask ribbon, & Holy Spirit doves.... I hope to get our life ornaments down from the attic at some point..... our ornaments that we each get every year that represent something of us or what the Lord has done or is doing in us.

















December.... Whew we are finally here now... Calli left for Africa the first weekend and I know she is doing GREAT! Jacob did lots of photography and Christmas Card Designs, they were AMAZING~! Everyone who purchased some was SO pleased! Jacob is SO anointed for the arts and it is an honor to share life with SUCH a gifted man! We also sent out our Christmas card which Jacob also designed, loved it! Thanks babe! I made lots of homemade marshmallows and Shortbread Millionaire's for Christmas gifts. It snowed on Christmas Eve and it was Niah's first snow day, he ALWAYS runs outside the moment I open the door and on that day he just stood and stared at the snow completely perplexed! It was cute! I put on a snow jacket & boots and we "explored" a bit. Then it was off to San Francisco for Christmas! American Airlines I hated you and loved you all in the same day! Our flight was cancelled, then on, then cancelled, then on, then it all worked out and they bumped us up to First Class going & coming!!!! Now you can understand why I wasn't mad anymore :). We had the BEST time in California and Jacob surprised me with tickets to see the Cirque de Soleil "OVO" show, it was genius! Niah played and laughed and chased John David my nephew all over the house and cousin Emma just watched. It was sweet to see our family all together. Jacob, Niah & I flew back to Abilene for New Year's and spent it in our jammees watching the Live ONE thing IHOP feed. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!














































Whew writing all of that down makes me realize how BLESSED we are as the Moore's! We have lived a VERY full life and are blessed with SO many friends, the Spirit, & opportunities to live life to the FULLEST! Thank you Lord for one more year to live and Glorify YOU with our lives. May 2010 be an increase and a springboard from 2009. You are a FAITHFUL LORD and we LOVE you!

1 comment:

schwalka said...

precious. you've got it good, girl. Praise Jesus!