Thursday, September 16, 2010

Life Can Change in an INSTANT...

Two thirds of the year 2010 has gone by and I sadly have blogged nothing, so YES it has been BUSY at the Moore household, but thanks to Mother's Day Out (whoever came up with that deserves the Nobel Peace Prize!) I can now blog again, yippee!

The first couple of weeks of 2010 we had a normal healthy boy!






The FIRST happening in the Moore's life of 2010 to blog about was a weekend I will NEVER forget! January 29th-February 2nd. I had not volunteered with the Youth Ministry at Beltway since I had birthed Niah and this was the weekend of Disciple Now and since Niah was no longer breast feeding I was a little bit more free to do things, and this enabled me to help out.

So I packed up and drove off Friday afternoon, spend the night with the Junior/Senior Girls at the Mcqueen's House, had a BLAST! Then woke up Saturday, had breakfast, attended a break out session with Chase Payne teaching on the Holy Spirit with my Co-Ed family group, went downstairs to pray over the youth, had a crazy activity where we build a house out of newspaper and duct tape, (or at least attempted to!). Then went off to lunch... This is where it ALL unraveled...

I dumped my lunch trash in the can, my cell phone rang in my pocket, it was Handsome Hubby Jacob and I answered it, he with and ABNORMALLY CALM voice said, "Angelique Niah is sick, he threw up, I took him to Tuegel and he is admitting him to the ER, I think you should come too. (What y'all don't know is that the D-NOW weekend was short leaders, the speakers were snowed out & could not make it, and host homes were dropping like flies)... So I am thinking in my head ,"Now I am going to LEAVE my group with NO leader, another thing for Leighton & Geoffrey to add to their list?" BUT....., this is MY son and he NEEDS me and I WANT to be there for him, so ran and saw Geoffrey told him that Niah was admitted to the ER that I was leaving and was VERY sorry! Then I ran out the door ASAP...

I got in my car and the drive from Beltway to Hendrick Hospital CLEAR accross town seemed like FOREVER, in the car during my drive I started to analyze what Jacob had told me and I was thinking WHY??? is Niah being admitted if he has only thrown up once? Weird... Then I KNEW deep in my spirit that something else must be going on, that is why Jacob was abnormally calm and I just started praying IMMEDIATELY! I also VERY much broke the law speeding, what any other parent would do in THAT situation....

I got to the ER, Mark Jacob's Dad met me outside with a very somber face and I knew my fears were confirmed that this was NOT good. (Just thinking about it now as I write is horrific to remember what came next...) I walked into the hospital or should I say I RAN, Rosetta Jake's mom was outside the room with a sad face also, and she said in a soft voice, "Honey, you get in there." I walked into what was for me something I DON'T ever want to see again!



Niah was seizing on the table, tubes, machines, no response, eyeballs rolling from side to side, he wasn't "with us" as I would say, (he was alive he had a heart beat, but mentally was check out.) I could not stand in there and watch so I walked out of the room, hit my knees against the wall outside the room and Just prayed and said Jesus NO! Please don't let this happen! & then I just cried and waited about 10 minutes (a lifetime) to me before he was sedated stable and stopped seizing... Whew! No thank you....



A million things were running through my mind, then the nurse started asking me questions which I could not answer because I had not been with him the night before, that was very hard I couldn't do anything to help, but I was THERE and THAT is what mattered...!



BUT there is a HAPPY ENDING to this! Praise be to JESUS! AND some VERY well trained Medical professionals along with Doctor Tuegel! Whom was AMAZING by the way, and I am SO very grateful for HIM and ALL the men & women who were there that day and used ALL that they knew to make Niah better! You have NO idea what that line of work does for the community until you are in a situation like that...

Niah FULLY recovered and ended up testing positive for a rare strand of strep that is what caused a Feveral Seizure, strep is known to make a fever rise and QUICKLY (and Quickly is what triggers the Seizure not the fever by itself.) Thank Goodness that is all that it was.



Poor active boy though had to keep the IV in from Saturday morning until Tuesday when we check out, I thought to myself Saturday after he was knocked out knowing he would wake up with that on his arm that life was going to be pretty interesting with THAT on his arm! And it was, but Niah was a TROOPER! He did it and recovered slowly but surely, he was pretty puffy from the extra fluids that were beneficial to wash out the Strep from his bloodstream.






There have been days recently that I have thought to myself what if he did not make it and we would not have this moment right now, truly unbelievable.... I find it TIMLEY that TUESDAY of THAT week, I made the FIRST entry into NIAH's Corner Blog about his destiny and praying over it, (That was one of the FIRST thoughts that crossed my mind in the hospital, I KNOW that Niah has an unfinished future and I KNOW that God has another plan for him besides THIS!)



It makes me SO very grateful to be a mom and how quickly LIFE can happen to ANY of us! I never thought in a MILLION years that this would ever have happened to us. If anything it solidifies that Niah had a PURPOSE for his life and that Lord had not yet fulfilled that purpose or he would have been taken home to be with Jesus that morning. So I am VERY excited to see ALL that the Lord will do through his precious life!

In closing, pulling up the pictures for this blog entry made me realize how MANY of you were there to support us through this horrific time, and I am SO very THANKFUL for ALL that you did!






1. Amy Tuegel drove to the McQueen's Saturday Afternoon to get my clothes & Toiletries so I could stay at the hospital with Niah, then brought us food and was a CONSTANT support the ENTIRE weekend, girl THANK YOU you mean the WORLD to us!!!!
2. Magen Roberson, she showed up Saturday night with what seemed to be Toys 'R' Us & Bags of snacks! ALL of Niah's favorites.... Niah had toys in his room and his favorite fruit snacks and vanilla wafers, that was SUCH an incredibly Generous thing to do, it made SUCH a difference, Thank you!!!
3. Kendra, Nick & Donnie Tapie came up Saturday and again Sunday afternoon to just spend time with Niah and it was SO nice for others to be there and spend time with Niah besides mom who was exhausted at that point! Kendra also brought a massager and used it on my back and THAT was such a HUGE relaxer and relief of stress, SO very THOUGHTFUL of you both THANK You!!!
4. Gentry Griffinn & Haley Savage also came up, brought food spent time with us and entertained Niah, Thank YOU for the food, for the relief of one of us not having to drive and pick something up and for being there it made a HUGE difference!
5. Jeremy & Cara Lee West came & brought Niah a new shapes ball, which was SO perfect for him! They walked him up and down the hallway with his IV and made him laugh, such a precious gift to us was your presence with us, THANK YOU!!!
6. Alex & Lauren Eagle came and brought us YUMMY dinner and played with Niah also and brought us up another mattress so that Jacob and I could actually get a good nights rest not sharing the TINY hospital twin bed! THANK YOU!!! It was SUCH a blessing and made SUCH a difference!
7. Rachel Smith came and spent time with me on Sunday afternoon and just talked through everything with me and offered her wisdom and was there for me, it meant SO much that you came Rachel, Thank You for being there for me in such a hard time!
8. Uncle Paul, Uncle Taylor & Maria, you were there for us, came & visited and brought balloons and were there as a support bringing us anything we needed, that meant the WORLD to us, THANK YOU!!!
9. Grandi & Poppy (Jacob's parents) You were there immediately when Jacob called, you were there to meet me at the hospital you ran errands for us, you were THERE and we are SO grateful!!! Niah is SO blessed to have grandparents like you who are SO active in his life good and bad, & we LOVE YOU & THANK YOU!!!



To my husband, Jacob you were an amazing man of STRENGTH and you gave me hope when and sight to see that we would live through this horror, I am SO very thankful for you and your LOVE, you are the BEST Father! You even left the first evening to shoot a wedding, many would think that bad that you left, but I look at that as committed to our family & are SERIOUS about providing a good life for us and I thank you!




Thank YOU LORD for ALL of your promises and provisions for our family, for HEALING NIAH! Thank YOU JESUS! We love you and Praise your name for IT IS WORTHY!

1Praise the LORD, O my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
2Praise the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits—
3who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
4who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
5who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
6The LORD works righteousness
and justice for all the oppressed.
7He made known his ways to Moses,
his deeds to the people of Israel:
8The LORD is compassionate and gracious,
slow to anger, abounding in love.
9He will not always accuse,
nor will he harbor his anger forever;
10he does not treat us as our sins deserve
or repay us according to our iniquities.
11For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is his love for those who fear him;
12as far as the east is from the west,
so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
13As a father has compassion on his children,
so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him;
14for he knows how we are formed,
he remembers that we are dust.
15As for man, his days are like grass,
he flourishes like a flower of the field;
16the wind blows over it and it is gone,
and its place remembers it no more.
17But from everlasting to everlasting
the LORD’s love is with those who fear him,
and his righteousness with their children’s children—
18with those who keep his covenant
and remember to obey his precepts.
19The LORD has established his throne in heaven,
and his kingdom rules over all.
20Praise the LORD, you his angels,
you mighty ones who do his bidding,
who obey his word.
21Praise the LORD, all his heavenly hosts,
you his servants who do his will.
22Praise the LORD, all his works
everywhere in his dominion.
Praise the LORD, O my soul.

PSALM 103

AMEN,

ALWAYS ROOM FOR MOORE

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Okay, I just wept right through this whole thing. What a scary ordeal--what a mighty God. Thank you for sharing.

Strange family said...

Um ... how come I didn't know about this? ANGELIQUE?! Girl - I am so sorry you had to go through that -but what an amazing testimony of our great God! Love you friend! Miss you!

BK said...

I can't imagine how trying that was. I'm glad Niah is better. It's such a joy to see him worshiping (and watching Jacob) at church. Praise God!